Nowadays, there are defined more types of allergies, but one of the most common is food allergy. As it is name said, food allergy is type start up as reaction of contact, but more after entering certain food on which you are too sensitive. With this sensitive it means that you have been already taken this food before. But, your immune system sees substances of the food as harmful to your body, so it attacks against the protein.
As reaction of entering “sensitized” food into your organism, your body, specific type of the antibodies which are also known as IgE which are “fitting” with the proteins. This reaction of your immune system influences on triggering an allergy.
The reaction may be mild or sever with uncomfortable symptoms. There are various symptoms of the allergy, some of them are: swelling of the tongue and face, difficult breathing, rash which is also known as “hives”, runny nose, water eyes, throat swelling, nausea and in the worst situation death or also anaphylaxis.
Tips For Managing Food Allergy:
1. Make a Plan. It is recommendation for you to make the list of the food which you need to avoid. Also, you may talk or ask for more advices as help about what kind of products which will be changes for your “forbidden food” with the special dieticians. Try to find out about more recipes which you may use as introduction how to prepare your food. Also, lot of information you may find into the libraries but also and online.
2. Explain Your Needs. If you are ordering the food at some restaurant with the telephone, you need to explain person to who you are ordering why the chef must not put some of ingredients in your meal. Even if you are eating out in restaurant and you are ordering food that is not familiar to you, try always to discuss about ingredients of it.
3. Take Extra Supplies. Whenever that you go out you should to take extra supplies. It is because it could happen that you may spend more time on some places than you have planned. Taking lunch packet will save you not only from the staving off the hunger, but also and save you from the restaurants that are selling the food which influence on starting up with allergy.
4. Keep a Food and Symptoms Diary. It would be very helpful if you may write symptoms and food diary, which will contains what food triggered symptoms of the allergy. So, it’s not only that you may write food which is “forbidden” for you, but also and tolerable foods.
5. Show People That You Have Serious Problem With Allergy. No matter how much it looks to you uncomfortable, you should not eat food that trigger allergy at you. It is recommendation to make people aware that you are allergic, even if you are unknowingly ingest, you should to meet people why you can not eat some food.
6. Freeze Food. With making food that you should to eat, you will save time, because you will freeze bigger amounts of it and backing when you want to eat.
7. Take Allergy Translation Cards. If you are going on some trip in other country in which people are talking with other language, different from yours, it is very helpful to have allergy translation cards.
FREE eBook Gift for Signing Up
Get Your FREE eBook
Subscribe to Robert's mailing list and get a FREE eBook offer.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.