Energy Consumption in Houses
The situation is alarming if your electric bills are getting higher after every. This may be due to additional or worthless usage of electric appliances. Generally, an American family would consume about $1500-$2000 on power bills.
If your bill in not in between these figures then you will be considered as a regular householder, which utilizes electricity unnecessarily. The reason is that are not required to spend to the extent of $2000 a year for energy. A regular house that spends this much amount often misuse the power and ultimately their money. As the use of electricity increases, the bill cost will surely gone higher.
There are five significant and basic means of cutting down the energy consumption in your houses.
1. Controlling the thermostat will help you in saving energy. Eventually, reduction of the thermostat aids you inn saving a lot of money. You can save about 5% of electric bill on every 1C. Therefore, always maintain your thermostat at lower temperatures. You can keep it lower during sleeping times or when you are out of home to save more and more money. 68 F is the best advised temperature for thermostats during winter season.
2. Water heaters also make use of a large amount of energy. Thus, try to limit its use especially when alternatives are available. It is the second largest power consumer after cooling/heating system of any house. Do not use hot water to wash your clothes because the job of germs eradication can be best done by detergents. With this precautionary measure you can save up to 90% of energy.
3. Small appliances like chargers of cell phones and iPods also adds to your energy bills. The 24/7 hour plugged items can cost bonus digits on your energy bill. Similarly, night-lights if switched on all the day and night will add to the power cost. Digital clocks that are plugged continuously and computer monitors kept on uselessly consumes a lot of energy. This again results in high electric bills. People usually think that these items do not contribute but actually they can add up to 5% on bills.
4. Removing leaks around your house will also help in controlling energy lost and hence higher bills. These leaks have plenty of contribution in high cost of power bills. These are the possible ways for air to go in and out of the house. This ultimately increases the workload heating/cooling system of house. Air moves in relation to air pressure as well as temperature. Generally, the temperature of inner side of homes differs from the outside temperature. This is why the air can easily pass through these leaks. Accordingly, make it certain that leaks are sealed properly. Thus, less work is done by cooling and heating system. In due course, it cuts down your house electric bill.
5. Another way of saving money at energy bills is making use of of energy efficient materials around your home and items inside it. These commercially accessible items significantly add to cut down the home energy bills. For instance, energy efficient windows are the best option in this regard. These windows deflect the external temperature from entering into your house.
FREE eBook Gift for Signing Up
Get Your FREE eBook
Subscribe to Robert's mailing list and get a FREE eBook offer.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.