Relationships are like trees; you are supposed to nurture them regularly. Otherwise, they may come to an abrupt end. Here, are some tips that will surely be of immense help in developing and maintaining your relations…
1) Balanced: Balanced can mean many things, for the purposes of our article, we mean that you or your partner has a good sense of boundaries, that that you and your partner are a whole person and have a healthy lifestyle.
2) Fulfilling of needs. “You can have everything you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want out of life.” A healthy relationship helps meets needs. We serve – and get in return -without consciously and eagerly expecting, of course. It will come- mutually and naturally.
3) Confident: You or your partner are self-confident and have high self esteem. You are confident that you can handle new things, even if you have never done it before or if you may not get it right the first time around. You or your partner has an internal point of reference; you do not need to have reassurance and complements from others to be confident. At the same time you are confident enough to accept compliments or criticism, and are not afraid to give compliments to other people.
4) A Common Purpose: Working together, building together, failing and succeeding together – while pursuing a common purpose – that is what relationships are made of. ” To associate with other like minded people in small purposeful group is for the great majority of men a women a source of profound psychological satisfaction” Aldous Huxley Find people with whom you have common purposes with. In your current relationships, find a common purpose to look forward to. It will gel and create long lasting joy and benefits.
5) Independent.You can be a functional person without relying on another person and you are not codependent.
6) Fun. Fun brings enjoyment to the relationship. This is often forgotten or neglected in our family and spouses. Especially when we take the relationship for granted. We have to remember to consciously create fun situations and moments that we will remember with amusement and gratitude for a long time. Like family fun time and special moments together…
7) Relationship mastery skills: You or your partner knows how to relate in a relationship. You or your partner know important skills like communication skills, conflict resolution and negotiation techniques.
8) Stickiness- Patience and Loyalty. We are humans and humans make mistakes after all. And it takes time to change. Often, those who give up on relationships too early or because the other person isn’t perfect, often forget that their next friend, their next spouse or business partner, will not be perfect either! Those who have experienced major turmoil in their relationships and endured with patience have emerged stronger after the crisis.
9) Empathetic: You or your partner need to be able to empathize with the emotions, point of view and experiences of your partner, to be able to get right into their heads and feelings without judgment or trying to fix their situation.
10) Acceptance, Empathy and Respect for the Other Person. Essentially, it is love. Love is much deeper than a feeling. Love is a commitment we make to people to always treat that person right and honorably. To understand and accept the other person as he is.
Having and developing all these takes time. But it is the most rewarding activity one can have. You’ll not regret and be ever so grateful you did at the end.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Tom_Starck
FREE eBook Gift for Signing Up
Get Your FREE eBook
Subscribe to Robert's mailing list and get a FREE eBook offer.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.