By Ngozi Nwoke
Does God have secrets? Yes, He does, but the good news is that they are now revealed to His children by His Holy Spirit. And possession of the secrets of God is possession of absolute victory in life. This article reveals one major God’s secret that is also a mystery.
“… and that they may become progressively more intimately acquainted with and may know more definitely and accurately and thoroughly that mystic secret of God, [which is] Christ (the Anointed One).”(Colossians 2:2 AMP)
But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. (I Corinthians 2:7, 8 NKJV)
Praise God, the mystic secret of God has been revealed! This mystery was brought into existence at the fall of man. When the enemy did his worst, God created this mystery to later over throw the enemy and recover all for Himself and for man. He spoke it out but the enemy understood it not, because if he had he would not have crucified the Lord of Glory.
God said that He would put enmity between the devil and the woman, and between his offspring and her Offspring, and that he would bruise and tread the devil’s head underfoot, and the devil will lie in wait and bruise His heel – Genesis 3:15.
So, when the proper time had fully come, God sent His Son, born of a woman, to purchase the freedom of man, who was subject to the Law, that we might be adopted and have sonship conferred upon us.
Now, what exactly is this mystic secret of God? It is Christ, the anointed one. Some of the children of God in the Old Testament like Moses, David and Isaiah (Deut 18:15, Acts 2:23-36, Isaiah 9:6-7) had an idea of this mystery of God but the full picture was not revealed until Christ was born, crucified, resurrected and seated at the right hand of God. Victory at last!
If God is to achieve perfection as it was before the fall of man, he needed Christ who is God, without sin, but born of a woman because the world was supposed to be under man till an appointed time, 1 Corinthians 15:25. Adam sold out to the enemy and because his lease had not run out, God had to get another man (Christ) to over-throw the enemy and recover all.
What is in Christ?
- Hope of glory, the hope of realizing the riches of the glory of the Lord.
- Treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
- Fullness of the Godhead (Father, Son and the Holy Spirit) bodily.
- You are complete in Christ. In Christ you too are filled with the Godhead and do reach full spiritual stature.
- He is the head of all principalities and power.
- Victory over handwriting of ordinances that was against you.
- The principalities and powers that were ranged against you, Christ disarmed and made a bold display and public example of them, triumphing over them on the cross.
- Power and wisdom of God.
- Healing and total health.
- Treasures of salvation: power, wisdom, riches, glory, honour, strength and blessings.
- You are more than conquerors.
- Life enjoyment in abundance.
- Deliverance from the wrath to come.
- Eternal life.
Who can defeat the enemy and deliver man from all his operations other than Christ that made him (Ezekiel 28:15), who has authority both as God and as man. An understanding of this mystery will give you mastery on earth. You will surely reign on earth with all authority backed up by Christ. The work of Christ is finished, the price has been paid; it is left for you to receive and enjoy the gift.
Now that you know the mystic secret of God, what is expected of you? According to Colossians 2:6-7:
- You are to receive Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour if you have not.
- Conduct yourself in conformity to His will and way.
- Be rooted and built up in Him.
- Be established in the faith as the Word of God directs.
- Abound and overflow with thanksgiving.
Then the riches of the glory of this mystery will become your portion!
FREE eBook Gift for Signing Up
Get Your FREE eBook
Subscribe to Robert's mailing list and get a FREE eBook offer.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.