It’s 2011 and with that people wonder about the fate of the planet, humanity, and reality itself based on prophecies both old and new, accelerating Earth changes, and our own growing intuition and dreams about what, if anything, is destined to happen. You’ve read the theories, watched the documentaries and films, and by now have probably formulated your own conclusions.
6 Views on the Outcome of 2012
- It’s just another year.
- Reality will continue on with the usual dramas, as we evolve into understanding its bipolar nature and how the patterns of our behavior are created by genetic predisposition and social conditioning. More medications/meditations, questing and searching… The joy of the journey isn’t in the result, but in the search itself – but what are you searching for?
- Reality will shift to a higher (harmonic) dimension, ego identities remaining intact, and all will get to experience a world in harmony and balance – love and light.
- Certain souls, who feel they are leaving here now, will return to light, while the rest remain physical.
- The consciousness hologram we exist/experience in will cease to exist, all returns to light, souls taking with them their experiences and wisdom, moving into something else, but without their ego identity from this experience.
- You are aware that closure has already happened, you are not actually relating to anything here, but your soul wants to replay the ending for the high/rush/thrill of it – one more time on the roller coaster as they say … knowing the outcome.The buzz about 2012 is based on an alleged Mayan Calendar prophecy that cannot be proven as accurate, but certainly is interesting.
The Mayan Calendar
The significance the classic Maya gave the December 21, 2012 date remains uncertain along with other enigmatic predictions left behind by prophets through the ages. Most classic Maya inscriptions are strictly historical prophetic declarations based on subjective interpretations. The 2012 phenomenon comprises a range of beliefs and proposals positing that cataclysmic or transformative events will occur in the year 2012 culminating on the winter solstice December 21, 2012. This forecast is based primarily on what is said to be the end-date of the Mayan Calendar, which is presented as lasting 5,125 years. Arguments supporting this dating are drawn from a mixture of archaeoastronomical speculation, alternative interpretations of mythology, numerological constructions, and alleged prophecies from extraterrestrial beings.
A metaphysical interpretation of this transition posits that, during this time, the planet and its inhabitants may undergo a positive physical or spiritual transformation, 2012 marking the beginning of a new era of consciousness experience. Conversely, some believe that 2012 marks the beginning of an apocalypse. Both ideas have been disseminated in numerous books and TV documentaries, and have spread around the world through websites and discussion groups.
Certain predictions about how the world could end in 2012 (alignment with a black hole, collision with a rogue planet, polar shifts) have been rejected as pseudoscience by the scientific community, which maintains that many of these suggestions would violate the laws of physics, or are contradicted by simple observations.
December 21, 2012: The Mayan Long Count calendar, used by the Maya civilization of pre-Columbian Mesoamerica, completes its 13th b’ak’tun cycle since the calendar’s mythical starting point (equivalent to 3114 BCE August 11 in the proleptic Gregorian calendar, according to the “GMT-correlation” JDN= 584283). The Long Count b’ak’tun date of this starting point (22.214.171.124.0.0) is repeated, for the first time in a span of approximately 5,125 solar years. The significance of this period-ending to the pre-Columbian Maya themselves is unclear, and there is only a single known but incomplete inscription (Tortuguero Stela 6) which records this date. However, it is conjectured that this may represent in the Maya belief system a transition from the current ‘creation world’ into the next. Many believe we are going through that transition at this time.