Designing a passionate life requires you to stay focused on your passion. After you identify what is really important to you in your life, you need to stay focused on it. On the surface, it sounds easy but as you know, stuff happens and it’s easy to loose your focus.
When this happens, step back, notice that your attention is focused elsewhere and bring it back to your passion. The following list contains a few things that you can do to stay focused or to refocus on your passions.
7 Ways to Stay Focused
- Write down your passions – the act of writing down your passions helps you to clarify exactly what they are and starts the process of connecting to your passions.
- Share your passions with others – when you speak about your passions you are stepping into the possibility of living them and gaining the support from those who support you.
- Build a team that supports you in pursuing your passion – it’s much easier to keep up your momentum by sharing your passions with others who may have similar passions or who support you in living your dreams. The support structure will help you through obstacles that may occur along the way. Your team can help you stay accountable for taking action towards living your passions.
- Connect to the energy of your passions – visualize your life when you are living your passions and connect to that energy inside of you that feels excited, inspired, and energized when you step into the vision of what it means to be living your passions. It keeps you on track and focused.
- Visualize each step in the process of pursuing your passions – each step in designing a passionate life has its own energy and inspiration in it. Enjoy each step along the way and be grateful for the journey and what you learn about yourself along the way.
- Take small steps, one at a time – designing and living a passionate life is accomplished by taking small steps in each minute of each day. It can be as small as visualizing your life when you are living your passions completely. Each step in your journey is part of designing a passionate life.
- Review stories of people who inspire you when you feel stuck – I’m sure you have heard of stories of people who were faced with tremendous obstacles or had a desire to accomplish something that they dreamed of for years. Find those stories that inspire you and when you feel stuck, down, or like the obstacles in front of you are too big, pull out these stories and review them. Inspire yourself to take action.
Above all, stay focused on the vision for your life and what it will look like when living your passions completely. Create a support team, take small steps, and enjoy the journey.
I wonder what would happen if you were able to identify your passions and start living in alignment with them? I offer tips and methods for living passionately on my blog. I’d like to invite you to receive my free Passion Deficit Disorder (PDD) Report and find out why passion is so important in your life and what you can do about it. You can get your instant access at http://www.DesignAPassionateLife.com.