How to Be Happy, Have Fun and Enjoy Life
Can you really be happy and have fun all the time? Well, since nothing in life is perfect and nothing is 100%, the answer would be no. However, you can be happy most of the time and enjoy your life each and every day. There’s really no big secret to it and I’ll share with you a few simple tips on how to accomplish it.
Being happy is conducive to being healthy emotionally and physically. It helps you deal with the stresses of life; you become optimistic, confident, and resilient. Others will see this in you, and when you share your joy and positive attitude with them, you may just lighten their burdens and help them become more positive as well.
The most important thing to be happy and have fun most of the time is to believe that life is wonderful, and you are here to enjoy it to the fullest. Whatever you believe is true for you, and your beliefs help create reality. Yes, you will experience some down moments in life but if you have that positive attitude, those moments will be few and far between, and when they do come you will know just what to do to become happy again as quickly as possible.
Following are a few tips to help you enjoy your life the way it’s meant to be.
When you wake up every morning tell yourself that you will enjoy the day no matter what. Expect good things to happen throughout the day.
- Have an attitude of gratitude. Just look for things to be grateful and thankful for and you will find plenty. The bus driver that brings you safely to work, the delicious lunch you have with your friends, the mailman that delivers your mail, the beautiful flowers in your garden, and even the stranger that smiles at you in the grocery store.
- Avoid the news. Yes, you read that right. The news is notorious for bringing up negative things that can add stress to your life: wars, disasters, crimes, diseases, bad economy, you name it. You don’t need to feed yourself with those. Only watch, listen to, and read stuff that makes you happy, laugh, calm, or energetic. If something is important enough for you to know, it will be brought to your attention one way or another.
- Be kind and helpful to others in every way possible. Open the door for someone behind you; pick up an empty can or bottle from the ground and put it in the trash can; be that stranger that smiles at others to brighten their day. When you do these simple things you will automatically feel good and be happy.
- Release your inhibitions. As long as you’re not breaking the law, don’t be afraid to be yourself, act silly, or do things that give you a rush. Laugh out loud or giggle like a little girl; walk in the rain with no umbrella or raincoat and get yourself soaking wet; take a walk around the neighborhood in your bare feet; jump into a puddle of water; take a midnight swim. You need to use common sense but don’t worry about what others think of you.
- Be a spiritual person. It doesn’t necessarily mean you have to be religious. Just take the time to find inner peace by praying, meditating, chanting or whatever else works for you. This will increase your level of happiness.
- At the end of the day right before you go to sleep, reflect on everything you did and received throughout the day that brought you joy, and give thanks (to God or the universe) for having experienced it.
- One last thing, and this may sound contradictory but it’s not. Don’t be afraid to cry when you need to. Yes, this goes for men too. Crying is not a sign of weakness but a way to release all the negative energy from within you so you can quickly bring happiness back in.
As you can see, it’s simple and easy to be happy and have fun most of the time. Just decide today that you are going to enjoy your life and you will see the magic unfold.