By Dion Daly
Did you know that there are people out there who fully comprehend how vital it is to cultivate their skills, and know their strengths and weaknesses, so that they are able to deal with their personal development effectively? People who have attained personal mastery are skilled at listening to themselves and thus upholding equilibrium in their life. Personal mastery also enables people to control their energy levels and reduce the need for stimulating substances to build-up their energy levels.
How do you acquire personal mastery? Well, there are principles that you can follow to cultivate it. These are central ideas that are important when developing social, professional, and spiritual relationships. One of the principles has to do with how success in life is defined.
Personal mastery is also founded on reality. It is essential to spend time and energy in things that can be influenced, like the present and the future. It is also crucial to relinquish responsive mannerisms such as complaint, bitterness, criticism and blame.
Another principle behind self-mastery is realising that what occurs in your life is founded on your own choices and not from anybody else. You must accept responsibility for the way your life is now. Hence, choices about your life should be generated by your own will. If you know the weaknesses and strengths of your personality this would allow you to change how you behave, think, feel, thus enabling you to make appropriate choices for your life.
Knowing exactly what you want and knowing how to attain it are also central principles in personal mastery. After pinpointing your goals, and how you can attain them then it is time to take action towards realising them.
These are the major principles of personal mastery:
• Knowing how to cope with problematic and demanding circumstances.
• Accepting the testing and cruel truths of life.
• Being able to let go of negative feelings: like bitterness and blame.
• Setting your life goals.
• Realising the importance and independence that comes with responsibility.
• Cultivate self-confidence and self-esteem
• Acknowledge imperfection and build on your strengths.
• Feel the bond between yourself to others and the universe.
• Adjust and work with change.
• Cultivate an inquisitive mind. Basically, people who have accomplished personal mastery are capable of raising their self-awareness, self-responsibility and self- acceptance. They realise that they are part of the whole universal system.